What is the message of St Josemaria, the founder Opus Dei?
As John Paul II told those present at St Josemaria’s canonization, the Founder of Opus Dei “was chosen by the Lord to proclaim the universal call to holiness and to indicate that everyday life, its customary activities, are a path towards holiness. It could be said that he was the saint of the ordinary. He was really convinced that, for whoever lives with an outlook of faith, everything offers an opportunity for a meeting with God, everything becomes a stimulus for prayer. Seen in that way, daily life reveals an unsuspected greatness. Holiness is really put on everyone’s doorstep. This saintly priest taught that Christ must be the apex of all human activity. His message fosters the Christianization of the world ‘from within’, showing that there can be no conflict between the divine law and the demands of genuine human progress. His message impels the Christian to act in places where the future of society is being shaped.”
List of Contents
- Who was Josemaria Escriva, the founder of Opus Dei?
- Where can I find the texts of the Mass of Saint Josemaría, the founder of Opus Dei?
- Is there a prayer for the intercession of Saint Josemaría, the founder of Opus Dei?
- What sort of person was the founder of Opus Dei?
- What is the message of St Josemaria, the founder Opus Dei?
- What are Josemaria Escriva’s published works?
- How can I find out more about St Josemaria’s message and Opus Dei?
- What have the Popes said about Josemaria Escriva, the founder of Opus Dei?
- For whom is the founder of Opus Dei's message intended?
- Where can I find the Novena for Work and the Novena for the Sick?
- Where is St Josemaria’s body buried?
- Where can I find the Novena for Families?
- How can I contribute to this website?